Catering Liability Insurance

In a 'where there's blame' world liability insurance is a must

Catering Liability Insurance is an Employers’ Liability and Public/Products Liability product for any caterers who don’t need to protect a catering trailer or van.

It provides protection should an employee or  a member of the public bring a claim against you for injury or property damage as a result of you business activities.
Typical trades would include baked potato ovens, buffet caterers, coffee rounds, farmers’ markets, hog roasts & barbecues or market stall caterers

Employers’ Liability is a legal requirement if you employ anyone but Public and Product Liability is vital. Read our guide to catering insurance to find out the differences between cover types.

Which cover do I need?

Not sure whether Catering Liability Insurance or Street Food Liability Insurance is right for you? just answer the questions in Get a Quote and we’ll work it all out for you.

Cover Details
    • Public and Products Liability £5 million (option to extend to £10 million)
    • Employers’ Liability £10 million
Additional Cover

These optional extras should be considered when purchasing your cover . Read our guide to catering insurance to find out more details about all the covers we provide.

    • Business Interruption – protects you against loss of income if you are unable to trade
    • Loss of business due to breakdown – this cover would help recompense you if you break down on the way to an event*
    • Stock cover – we automatically include stock cover up to £500 but you can add additonal cover up to £10,000
    • Deterioration of stock – allows you to replace your stock if you suffer a refrigeration breakdown
    • Contents – the contents of your trailer are automatically covered up to £500 but can also be increased to over £10,000
    • Electronic Equipment – mobile phones, laptops and electronic equipment up to £2,500
    • Loss of license – for traders who’s business involves alcohol where a license is key to their business

Excess: Flexible excesses are available
Payment: We accept Credit Card, Debit Card, Cheque and Bank Transfer
Refunds and Cancellations: Details are in our Terms of Business

* Terms and conditions apply

Not sure this is right for you? Please give us a call for advice or browse our other covers…

Catering Trailer Insurance | Street Food Liability | Mobile Catering Van Insurance

Event Insurance